Although i have a billion makeup brushes from various brands for my kit, i seam to settled to this lot for quite a while. My newest additions are the Real Techniques ones, while the rest are about 2-3 years old. If you invest in good quality ones and look after them, they will last ages.
This is what i use:
1) Stippling brush from Real Techniques for applying my foundation or tinted moisturiser. I also vary this one with the Buffing Brush, depending on the mood. I would love if they would bring out a Buffing Brush sold separately from the set. Both of them are great with cream blusher too.
2) Deluxe Crease Brush (Real Techniques) to buff smoothly my concealer under my eyes. Haven’t tried it yet as a crease brush, been loving it for concealer instead.
3) Smashbox No 19 Face and Body brush – i adore this brush so much, i use it to buff away my powder. Its the oldest from the lot at almost three years and still looks brand new. Amazing for mineral makeup, bronzer, compact foundation etc.
4) Smashbox No 16 Blush Brush – very soft, precise, classical type of blusher brush.
5) For my eyes, i use a large flat Lancome brush to apply an eyeshadow base. I continue with a lid colour using a Gosh medium flat brush and seal the deal with a crease dark shade, using a Smashbox No 15 Definer Brush.
For an extra definition under my eyes, i use Real Techniques Accent Brush. Its really good, makes any eyeshadow to look almost like a liner – its that precise. As for buffing, i have a no-name fluffy brush think i bought it from an Infinity/Sundrelle stand.
6) For eyebrow definition, i only use Smashbox No 12 angular brush for that perfect arched look.
I clean my brushes daily with a general brush cleaner and give them a bath once a week with lots of soap and water.
What are your favorite brushes? xo