Barry M Gelly Nail Polish

Barry M Gelly Nail Polish

Seche Vite and OPI Nail Envy

Barry M Gelly Nail Polish

IMG_7356

I must say im not a high street/drugstore fan, im not a snob by any means – i suppose i was just unlucky in my choices. Found myself often spending hundreds in pharmacys on bags of products that just didn’t agree with me/ didn’t work. The best example would be that bathroom cabinet filled to the brim with half used shampoo and cleansers, that would probably end up being more expensive than a trip in Brown Thomas/Selfridges.

Saying that, i found some really affordable gems lately like the Rimmel Apocalips and the newly Barry M Gelly Nail Polishes.

They are blooming fantastic!

The texture is ticker than your normal polish, two coats needed for a fully opaque glossy nail. And have you seen the color choices?! Show stopping brights, right up on my alley. I swear, every time i wear any of the colors someone will comment on how gorgeous they are.

Ive also invested in some OPI Nail Envy that im using as a base coat – didn’t think would be that expensive, i mean €24? It better work wonders. And the cult Seche Vite, which truly changed my life. I was a bit skeptical, but it rocked my manicure world. Painting nails in bed before sleep and waking up with messed up textures are a thing of the past, it dries in seconds leaving the shiniest of gloss.

I decided to keep my little collection (bought in an exciting 3for2 offer in Boots) in a recycled large Yankee Candle jar on my vanity, think is rather chic looking and reminds me to look after my neglected nails not just my face.

If you have any other high street product suggestions let me know, im on a roll now.

1. April 5, 2013 / 7:22 am

Ohhh love the storage in the jar, great idea!! I thibk I may have to pick up the candy pink one, looks fab!!

2. April 5, 2013 / 7:33 am

Gorgeous photos, Andreea!

I picked up Pomegranate from this range last week and was pretty put off by the formula – I’m a fickle mare.

This is the third time since though that someone has raved about ’em so I might just chance another colour x

April 5, 2013 / 8:22 am

Thank you ladies!

Sue, I love the ticker texture can’t stand the watery, runny type. Funny enough that’s why I don’t like some of the Essie that much.

4. April 5, 2013 / 8:53 pm

Beautiful pics! Absolutely love the jar! I have the Pomegranate shade, I love it! 🙂

5. April 5, 2013 / 9:40 pm

Andreea I am loving your pics, you could sell anything to me! Haven’t tried any of these polishes yet but must pick up one or two. Love the candle jar storage – was it a pain to clean out?

April 5, 2013 / 9:45 pm

Thank you Emma! The jar was clean in seconds, was surprised myself. Just popped the wick and the wax with a butter knife. Make sure the wax is cool and hardened, while for the label just used plain washing liquid and water.

7. April 21, 2013 / 11:37 am

This is such an awesome collection of nail polishes 🙂

Enjoy you’re weekend! **