From Left to Right: Sogno | Perla | Patina | Patina Shimmer | Chianti | Aria | Rubino | Beso Shimmer.
I was one of the lucky ones who managed to grab one of the coveted Stila Star Studded Eight Stay All Day Lipstick Set on Sale, paying just £22.50 / €28 (with delivery costs) for eight mini liquid lipsticks. The sizes are tiny but trust me they last a long time and make a great handbag addition. This is my second Stila Stay All Day lipsticks sets that i own, i previously bought a trio during another Christmas Sale two years ago (see it here). That’s when my love for their long lasting lip products began!
Hands down Stila makes the best liquid lipsticks – just as the name sais they do stay on all day, looking flawlessly matte and opaque. My lips are left a touch dehydrated but nothing too worse for wear, i had more dryness with Mac Ruby Woo than the Stila ones.
This set is a great introduction to the collection, the eight shades have a good mixture of nudes and brights. That said i did find some applying better than the others and of course, some colors didn’t suit my coloring at all. However for that price, no regrets!
The set contains a mixture of six of their bestselling iconic shades and two new metallic colors that will make their debut in Spring.
- New Patina Shimmer – dusty rose with shimmer. A gorgeous rose gold twist on the already popular Patina.
- New Beso Shimmer – true red with shimmer. I adore the original Beso (best matte red in my opinion), so naturally im all over the metallic finish too.
- Perla – pale dusty pink. It reminds me of Eastend Snob, a really light lilac pink that unfortunately doesn’t suit me at all. It would be stunning on a pale, alabaster complexion.
- Patina – dusty rose. A very wearable pink, i can see myself reaching out for it often.
- Aria – magenta plum. A lighter more purpley version of Mac Rebel (see it here). Unfortunately i dont think im cool enough to wear it, but i will try to mix it with something else.
- Chianti – deep plum. I kinda like the color for autumn winter, i envision it with a turtle neck and minimal eye makeup. It was difficult to apply without making a mess because its so dark.
- Rubino – beet red. Again i liked the shade, but it was so tricky to apply. I might try it with a liner next time.
- Sogno – warm rose. A proper nude beige shade for light lipsticks lovers. When i put it on i looked very unwell lol.