Done and dusted: Products used up so far

Being a makeup and skincare collector (sounds way better then compulsive hoarder or shopaholic), means i rarely finish up a product. Of course, using moisturizers and treatments on a daily basis  i will go through them faster – use up a pot of cream in about two months and an eye cream maybe in three months. More is less people, more is less.

La Roche Posay Hydraphase UV

Light texture, freshly scented and suitable for sensitive skin. Needed a basic hydrating moisturizer with a decent SPF (15) to use under my makeup. Loved how it felt so soft to apply, gently hydrated without feeling heavy. Beautiful fresh scent – reminds me of cucumbers.

Didn’t break me out and my makeup went on like a dream, definitely recommend it!

Smashbox Photo Up Eye Brightener

This is a product in the lines of YSL Touche Eclat, its an eye brightener and not a concealer – this means it will gently highlight and diffuse the light under the eyes. Coverage wise is minimum, barely there. I applied it under my eyes, before my foundation and then once again, on top of my foundation. Loved how it didn’t set in my fine lines, lasted all day long and generally brightened my whole eye area.

Don’t know if i will repurchase it any time soon, simply because i just have a fresh tube of YSL Touche Eclat on the go and recently purchased (ups!) the Lancome Teint Miracle pen concealer.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

This is a definitely staple of my greasy eyelids and it shall be repurchased by the gallons! Cant believe how long it has lasted me, more then 6 months of daily use! Probably if i would’ve cut the bottom of the tube (have the old packaging version) i would’ve gotten even more use, but i was concerned of possible irritations (due to packaging ash/remains) and i would’ve probably cut my fingers attempting the procedure.

My ultimate goal for this year is to finish up an eyeshadow, never ever finished one! Virgin from the Naked palette might be the one.

1. August 23, 2011 / 6:41 pm

Skincare collector, I like that title too.

I liked the sound of the Hydraphase until you mentioned the smell reminding you of cucumbers…I hate the smell of cucumbers.

Well done on finishing the UDPP, mine seems to be never ending.

2. August 23, 2011 / 8:37 pm

I’ve never finished an eyeshadow either! My mission for the year was to finish a lipstick, we’ll see if that happens 🙂

3. August 24, 2011 / 1:00 pm

You have no idea how much product there is in the UDPP tube after cutting it, I was gobsmacked when I saw that, tonnes of it! xx

4. andreea
    August 24, 2011 / 3:14 pm

I know…the sensible thing would be to cut it…I have another 3 in the press and I want a fresh one :D. I’m such a brat!

5. andreea
    August 24, 2011 / 3:17 pm

@cornglakegirl – skincare collector sounds way better! Try the moisturizer in the shop and see if the scent is appealing or not. Personally, I love cucumber scent 🙂

@Karen – oh forgot about lipsticks, never finished one or a lipgloss on that matter.

6. August 27, 2011 / 4:07 am

Hi Andrea, your blog is awesome. I am following you now and all the best in finishing your products. Do visit my blog when you get time. Take care 🙂

7. August 27, 2011 / 7:50 am

Still haven’t tried that Urban Decay primer but have been meaning to for ages! Would you use that Smashbox stuff over a regular concealer for under eye circles or does it do the job on it’s own? X

8. andreea
    August 27, 2011 / 8:36 pm

@Indgal – Thank you, i will be knocking on your blog door asap 🙂

9. andreea
    August 27, 2011 / 8:38 pm

Emma you have to try the Primer Potion if you have trouble with eyeshadow resistance, its the business! Ill apply it at 7 in the morning and my eyeshadows look perfect until 10 at night.

If you suffer with persistent dark circles and need an extra coverage, i would use it on top of the concealer. The consistence is very light, i doubt it would cover much X

PS. Thank you, thank you, thank you!