I have already done two posts about what’s in my beach bag and around the pool essentials (here and here), but i still feel i haven’t covered everything! We still have to talk about the after sun care, shampoos, moisturiser and fashion essentials so here is what else i packed for my beach holiday.
1. Sandals and flip flops. Shoe wise i packed a pair of sandals (Carvela), two pairs of flip flops (post here) and a pair of white wedges (post here). To be completely honest, a single pair of flip flops would’ve been more than enough and keep my wedges for night time, being white they go with everything.
2. A face and body oil with high SPF – we both loved the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50. I got a very flattering golden tan, my skin was ultra nourished and more important protected. A tip: use the SPF 50 oil on your scalp and hair, it proved to be a life savior for my husband who usually gets his scalp burned due to the short hair.
3. Hair UV Protectant – i got a bottle of Kerastase UV hair oil spray, it worked great on keeping the hair untangled and moisturised. Tip: if i needed to cut products out, i would just use the body SPF 50 oil on my hair and scalp and skip the Kerastase.
4. A sexy shimmering body oil to accentuate that golden tan – i love The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Oil. Smells divine, its a dry oil so you wont be greasy and it leaves a gorgeous sheen on the skin.
5. Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. My only Sephora purchase was a rather pathetic one: despite the 20% off in El Corte Ingles (Santa Cruz, Tenerife) i ended up getting only an eye makeup remover. Travel size. I know. Recommend it whole hardheartedly and its cheap as chips too.
6. A sulphate free, gentle shampoo and conditioner for everyday use. I got to use my Bumble and Bumble Color Minded travel sized set for colored hair. Because i was in chlorine, salty water i needed something gentle for my bleached hair that will not strip more moisture and will preserve the color. The highlight was the BB UV Styling Balm, i had a crappy hotel hairdryer and this balm helped me style my hair and control the frizz. Which brings me too the next tip: bring your own hairdryer or styling brush!
7. Cheap sunglasses are essential. I got my pair from ZeroUV, they are trendy, fun and cheap. I paid $17.95 for 3 and got a pair in every color (see my orange ones here). There is no point on ruining your good sunglasses when you know they will be trow in and out your beach bag, they will be drowned in the sand and scratched to death. I’ve seen similar ones in Penneys/Primark.
8. A good after sun. Always choose a fragrance free after sun (you don’t want to aggravate any sun burn) and it has to contain aloe vera. I loved The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Gel, i used i as mask to instantly hydrate after a sun session and before bed, on my shoulders and decolletage for a boost of moisture. The coconut body butter is a holiday staple, i mean if we are going to stay under a coconut tree we might as well smell like one.
And that’s it, well of course i got my makeup remover, face soap, serum, face and eye moisturiser (natural beauty im definitely not!). What are you packing when you are going away, love to here your comments :).