Inspired by Korean beauty, Lancome has created Miracle Cushion foundation that is meant to revolutionize and simplify the way women apply makeup.
A Lancôme renovation. This is not a foundation. Nor is it a compact. It’s a cushion!
At first glance i thought this is another compact foundation or mousse, yet after unpacking the beautiful compact and opening three sets of seals, a surprise was revealed. The cushion is actually a sponge soaked with foundation and you are meant to use the applicator puff for makeup application.
I am usually a number 3/3.5 in all Lancome foundations, yet after looking up shades online i decided on number 4 – a beige, pink toned shade. Warm pigments are my best friends, just not in the Miracle Cushion – i found that number 3 was a touch too pale and yellow for my face. Make sure you get matched before you purchase, the colors are not an exact dupe for the rest of the Lancome foundation wardrobe.
Application was easy, the formula just glides on the skin and feels light and natural. I ended up applying two layers of the foundation to get a finish i am comfortable with. Although my skin is quite good, i have some uneven skin tone that needs to be balanced and some pigmentation spots, reminders of scorching childhood summers.
Longevity wise it lasted quite well on my oily skin, i just needed to powder my t-zone after a couple of hours which i do with any foundation anyway.
Because i am a full coverage foundation junkie, i will probably use the Miracle Cushion most on my days off, when i want let my skin breath but still look decent. You can also use the cushion as a touch up, on top of your normal foundation to add instant radiance and a fresh look. With a SPF 23, it adds a decent protection and a great ‘on the go’ alternative when you are popping out for lunch on a sunny day.
The skincare benefits list is quite impressive, apparently this foundation will cool down your skin by -2.3 degrees when applied to ensure maximum radiance and it will keep your face hydrated for 4 hours, as though moisturiser was just applied.
- Whatever you do, don’t leave the compact without the lids on or you will come back to a dried out sponge.
- Oily skins will need to powder.
- Radiant, dewy finish, comfortable.
- Very light coverage, buildable.
- No need for brushes, the application puff is all you need. Make sure you wash it after every 2nd use.
- If you loved Armani Maestro, Lancome Miracle Eau de Teint or L’Oreal Nude Eau de Teint, you will like this foundation too.
- Hard to estimate how long is going to last, i suppose the only clue will be when then sponge will dry out (can’t stress enough no 1.)