Post Baby Beauty – Looking and Feeling Great after Pregnancy

Post Natal Beauty

I have some news: i finally had my beautiful baby girl!

After almost 42 long weeks of pregnancy, just one day before my scheduled induction, my Sophia decided to make an appearance and spare me the grief. We are now 12 days old, healthy and beautiful and looking just like our daddy. I did all the work carrying our baby and he got all the glory :).

For today’s post i wanted to share a few products that helped me feel and look better after having my baby. Complicated beauty rituals aren’t a priority at the moment obviously, but i have a few products that made a difference in the way i felt and looked. Appearance and self esteem are linked in my opinion, you are fragile already after the pregnancy, the pain of delivery and the after shock of having a newborn baby and a deflated tummy :).

Fake That Glow | Clarins Self Tanning Liquid Bronze

I never looked so pale and grey in my life as i did after having Sophia, so a touch of ‘fake glow’ was needed to make me look less zombie and more human. Every other day, after cleansing i would sweep a cotton pad soaked in the Clarins Liquid Bronze all over my face and neck and leave it on without any other cream or serum on top. By morning time i would have a subtle, healthy color in my cheeks. A bit of tan makes such a difference!

Exfoliate | Pixi Glow Tonic

I got the Pixi Glow Tonic two weeks ago from CultBeauty (its available in M&S as well, but its constantly out of stock) after my friend Mags highly recommended it for milia treatment. I developed some pesky milia under my left eye and apparently the glycolic acid will help minimize the appearance of them, until i will eventually get them physically removed in a salon. I used it of course all over my face and its honestly lovely. Every night after cleansing, instead of a toner i sweep it all over my face and neck to remove all the dead cells and even out my skin. I just follow up with my night moisturizer or the Clarins tan. My skin feels super soft and clear, so far so good. The hype is real.

Radiance Booster | Clinique Turnaround Serum and Revitalizing Moisturiser in Golden Hue

Like i mentioned, after the baby my whole skin became dull and grey overnight. I had the Clinique Turnaround Serum and Moisturiser saved in my cupboards just for this moment, it gently exfoliates and speeds up cell turnover so a brighter, smoother skin is revealed. Im loving it so far, the moisturiser has a golden pigment that evens out the skintone and feels super light and fresh on the skin.

Bright Eyes | Liz Earle Eyebright Eye Lotion

I swear by the Liz Earle Eyebright eye lotion to help freshen up the under eye, tone down temporarily dark circles and brighten the whole area. As expected, i don’t sleep much these days so i need something to help soothe my eyes and brighten. I tend to use it a couple of times a day, soak two cotton pads and nap with them on my eyes for 10-15 minutes depending on how long Sophia lets me. I think this eye lotion should be given to every new mum as part of a starter kit!

Tone Up that Tummy | Bio Oil

Looking after your tummy and body in general is just as important now after a baby as it is during the pregnancy. Everybody recommended the Bio Oil to treat stretch marks and even out the skin tone so ive decided to put it to the test, god knows i need all the help.

1. February 2, 2016 / 8:22 pm

I have a bottle of Clarins Self Tanning Liquid Bronze stored in my cupboard for exactly that reason. Even though I am used to being pale, I never looked as dead as I did after my daughter was born, and I don’t assume that it will be any different this time around.

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

February 2, 2016 / 8:26 pm

Thank you! My skin was 50 shades of grey at least :). Not long for you now too x.

3. February 2, 2016 / 8:29 pm

I would recommend not to use any of selftanning lotion in this period, at least when your baby is so young. Those self-tanning ingredients are not ok for his skin and she is so much in contact with you, your skin. Meanwhile take it a little easy with chemical exfoliation now when your skin is transforming a lot after the pregnancy. It is great that you are coming back to the “beauty mood” before but I would suggest to use in this period more simple, bio products. Congratulations for the baby!!

4. February 2, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Congratulations 🙂 I am envious of your energy ! Bio oil is great for stretch marks 🙂 I still use it 5 months later . Nip + Fab have some fab products as well 🙂

• Andreea
      February 2, 2016 / 9:44 pm

Thank you, got so bored in the last few weeks of pregnancy so now im buzzing its over. Im counting on the Bio Oil to work, my tummy is covered with stretchmarks boo. Ill have to try the Nip and Fab too, seen some nice toning products online.

5. February 2, 2016 / 10:50 pm

Ah congrats again Andreea! I really wanna try the PIXI toner, sounds great. Siobhan xx

6. February 3, 2016 / 10:04 am

What a beautiful name! Congratulations again!

I love the sound of the Liz Earle Eye Brightening Lotion – do you use an eye cream after this? xx

Beautylymin

February 3, 2016 / 11:23 am

Yes i usually pop on an eye cream after to hydrate, its great for cleansing ultra sensitive eyes too. I love how it clears out the white of my eyes and makes them brighter.

• Andreea
      February 10, 2016 / 6:19 pm

It keeps me sane :), thank you x.

8. February 4, 2016 / 4:26 pm

Gorgeous picks, it’s so important to have some nice products to slowly make you feel human again. I think I forgot to brush my hair most days at the start!

• Andreea
      February 10, 2016 / 6:19 pm

Oh i have days like that too, but im trying to make some sort of an effort most days.

9. February 4, 2016 / 6:11 pm

I love Bio Oil and went through bottles of the stuff – it’s great. Hope you and the baba are well x
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

• Andreea
      February 10, 2016 / 6:20 pm

Im raging i didnt use it from the beginning, lets hope it helps to fade them a bit.

• Andreea
      February 10, 2016 / 6:20 pm

Thank you Gyudy! x

10. February 10, 2016 / 10:31 pm

Fab products, A! Well done on taking the time to treat and look after yourself, that’s so important too! xx

11. February 13, 2016 / 11:37 pm

Congrats on your baby girl! I can’t imagine how happy you must feel.

I like the sound of the Liz Earle Eye Lotion. I’ve never heard of it, but anything that helps that area is welcome in my book. I’ve yet to try my Glow Tonic, so thanks for reminding me!

12. February 23, 2016 / 10:02 pm

The Bio-oil and the Clinique products are a miracle. Great post!