For me, the Bourjois Delice de Soleil tan collection was the highlight of this year summer must haves. I didn’t crave for any Mac or Chanel Bronze Universal, I just counted on the days until the innovative Bourjois bronzer came out.
I finally managed to get it while on holiday in London, in my local Boots it seemed to be always out of stock. Got the whole collection on a 3 for 2 deal, which consists in Bronzing Powder for Face (spray can), Mineral Bronzing Foundation and of course, the Bronzer. All in the shade fair/medium skin.
Because i was off today, i got the chance to properly play with the products and after about 100 failed FOTD photos, to decide on a few. I’m totally useless on taking these type of photos by myself – I’m either mid blink, my hands are trembling and I’m getting blurry shots or the makeup colors are looking washed out. Unfortunately getting an SLR camera is way way down on my shopping list.
Here it goes:
- Preped my skin with moisturiser (Lancome Primordiale Fluid) and eye cream (La Roche Posay Hydraphase Gel)
- Sprayed lightly the bronzing powder and blended really well. At first i got a fright because it was looking orange, but after properly blending it, I got a lovely glow on my skin. You need a tiny bit, so i believe the can will last months and months of use if you only use it for your face.
- Mixed in my palm the mineral foundation and applied it with a large kabuki brush (Smashbox). Again, you will have to blend it really well to avoid any dark patches on your skin. The foundation gives a medium coverage, while looking very natural. The pot is divided in two: one part mineral neutral foundation and another a bronzing powder. It really easy to customize your personal shade, lighter for the day and darker for night time.
- Contoured my face with the bronzer, insisting on the contour of my face (temples, hair line, jaw line, nose).
- Applied a dash of blusher – UD in Storm.
- For the eyes, ive kept it pretty neutral – used the UD Naked palette:
- Virgin all over the crease
- Naked on the lid
- contoured with Buck mixed with Darkhorse on the outer corner
- highlighted the inner corner of the eye with Half Baked
- lined my lower lash line with Smog
- used the Lancome Artliner in Black to add a flick to my look
- coated my lashes with two coats of the new La Roche Posay Respectissime WP mascara in black
I really like it! Love the cocoa scent and how easy to use are the products. Its my first time using a mineral foundation, i always thought it wont give me enough coverage and that it will be messy. The packaging is very ingenious, love the large build in mirror of the bronzer. It will surely become a staple for my handbag.
The finish is a dewy, radiant one – looks very natural on the skin.
What do you think? Have you tried the Bourjois Delice de Soleil yet?