Really i shouldn’t be left with too much time on my hand. I mean three whole days off in a row?! I’m bound to do something naughty :).
This time it involved a box of hair bleach.
Wanted the ombre hair for a very long time, i even went to a proper salon to get it done (balyage) but left completely disappointed. Got the deal from Groupon for Revive hair salon, which is very close to where i live. It turned out to be a very bad choice, the staff wasn’t very friendly and the results unsatisfactory. Had a consultation before hand and a patch test to establish what i want, all went well so when i went for the real deal, was very surprised to be told that my hair is very dark and couldn’t possibly do much on it. I mean, you could’ve told me this at the consultation!
Anyway, today i took matters in my own hands and these are the results:
1. got a box of Wella Hair Streaking Kit (blue box, old fashioned photo on display).
2. painted the ends of my hair with the mixture, using a brush.
3. covered the strands in aluminum foil, heated with the hair dryer.
4. left it for aprox 30 min. I checked it several times during the process, i advise to do so.
5. washed and repeated for a second time, skipping the foil part. Left it for aprox 20 min.
6. washed and conditioned heavily. Left to air dry in a bun, hence is curly and frizzy :).
That’s it! I should’ve done this from the start, it would’ve saved me €100 :(. I will top it up in a few weeks time, but i want to leave my hair recover.
I am not a hairdresser by any means, i advice everyone to do a patch test first to check for any sensitivity. If you have very dark hair, be very cautions as it can turn orange.