The Big Chop

YourBeauty

YourBeauty.ie

Kerastase Ciment Thermique

Ok, this just happened: after years of long hair, ive chopped it all off! And it feels marvelous! No more dry ends, no more pesky tangles and dull pony tales. I can wear my hair down and not feel hot and bothered. I was toying with the idea for ages, googling endless pictures of celebrities with long polished bobs. Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth were inspiration for the sleek look, while Nicole Richie will be the one to aspire for beachy, tousled curls. Next stage will be the color project, thinking of a honey brown…anything but lighter than it is now.

Got it done in Peter Mark Dundrum, my hair salon of choice and the wonderful Camy delivered this sleek, perfect long bob. Poor girl must thought i was mental when i jumped on the chair and said ‘just chop it all off!’. After countless are we really, really sure now… Camy started to cut inches of dry, damaged hair, making sure that every layer is cut to perfection and gave me some tips on how to blow dry it myself at home.

I also got some new Kerastase products, Peter Mark were having one of their 20% off sale so it would’ve been rude not to take advantage. Picked the Kerastase Bain de Force and Ciment Thermique range (1,2 strength) after Camy’s rave recommendation. She also used them to wash my hair and to heat protect, so i was sold. Watch this space for the review!

What do you think, you prefer it short or long? xo

1. August 4, 2013 / 8:48 pm

I think you look great with both, but I really like it shorter 🙂 I had really long hair for about 12 years and then one day I had a huge image crisis and just chopped it all off. I loved having it long but now I don’t know how I coped with it half the time. It’s shoulder length now and if it gets to long it drives me crazy! x

August 4, 2013 / 9:17 pm

Agree, still love long hair but im useless to style it. Yes, every time i had a blowdry was looking amazing and bouncy, but the rest of the time was a tangled, frizzy mess.

Think is looking more polished and smart when is shorter, we’ll see how well i cope with the styling. xo

3. August 4, 2013 / 9:23 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! So beautiful and face framing. LOVE the fringe. There’s nothing like a good chop to shake things up and give you some oomph. My hair is gone the same way yours was – long and just totally meh unless I put a lot of work into blow drying to perfection. You might have just convinced me to go for the chop too 😀

August 4, 2013 / 9:27 pm

Ah do it Kat, you will never look back! Think my hairdresser was more attached to the length than me :). Besides sticking it in a bun or something similar, i wasnt doing anything with it. Needed a fresh start, hope it will stop the fall out a bit.

5. August 5, 2013 / 9:47 am

You look flippin’ gorgeous! I never knew you with shorter hair but I love it!!!!!!

August 5, 2013 / 9:49 am

Thank you, when i was younger i only sported this haircut :).

August 5, 2013 / 9:50 pm

You have to do it Yavanna! So we can be twins again 🙂 x

8. aletheadarcy
    August 11, 2013 / 9:44 am

It really suits you-you look beautiful. Im the opposite, I had shoulder length hair for years and one day my hair dresser took an extra few inches off. I was devastated as it was just too short for me. From then on I decided to grow my hair long, swearing off short hair. Its taken two years to finally get it to a decent length. I dont do much with it, as im used to styling shorter hair but im so much happier with it 🙂