Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife

Rayban Blue Mirror Sunglasses Irish Blogger Michael Kors Pink Mini Selma Irish Beauty Blogger Holiday in Tenerife Irish Fashion Blogger Orotava, Historic Center YourBeauty.ie Orotava Tenerife Ioan Opris La Casa de los balcones Orotava Town My only Duty Free purchase was this beautiful pair of blue RayBan mirrored aviators. I have been longing for them since last year, constantly trying them on in shops so i had to treat myself. Despite me wanting the blue, it was still excruciatingly hard to pick up a color! Did you know that they come in rose gold too?! Never mind the classic gold… (see them here). Hard, im telling you.

We are on day two of our Spanish holiday and so far i’ve learned two things:

1. Being in the Canaries doesn’t guarantee sunshine and hot weather. We have permanently a cloud over our heads until lunch time and the temperatures are a balmy 20 degrees. I blame Teide el volcano.

2. I need my passport to shop in Zara. This was a devastating experience, i had to drop all my sale items and leave them behind because we didn’t have our passports with us. I still have nightmares about it.

Everything else is great, we visited today Orotava town which is a couple of km outside Puerto de la Cruz. I have next on my list the Botanical Garden, Siam Park (only if its sunny!) and Teide. We are planning to rent a car for some little island day trips, we want to head down South and see Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos.

Book wise, Im currently devouring The Body Book by Cameron Diaz which is surprisingly good. I like that it shows a history of food habits that we generally seemed to evolve into. Love that it doesn’t promote an exclusive  type of diet like carb free/ fat free/ eat celery and carrots or promises to lose weight in 3 days. The focus is on wholesome foods, common sense advice of having breakfast in the morning (which i always neglect!) and just promoting good health. Just like my bestie Cameron, i don’t have weight issues and im quite petite, despite me eating buckets of food and sugar. Im struggling though with energy lows, mood swings and general lethargy, on top of an underactive thyroid. I always need to remind myself to up my game and eat clean.

The Body Book Adios!

July 5, 2014 / 9:09 am

Thank you girls, its a two year old Zara. Seen a similar one this year (on sale!) with pineapples on. Need.It.

2. July 5, 2014 / 10:21 am

Looking gorgeous as always Andreaa!

3. Confessions
    July 5, 2014 / 11:45 am

Great post! How come you need a passport for Zara? Have been to Tenerife a few times and loved it! The cloudier the better for Siam park, the crowds are quieter and you will actually be able to get a sun lounger down by the wave pool 🙂 enjoy your holidays!

July 5, 2014 / 8:58 pm

I know, found it very peculiar as we didn’t have to prove our identity in Sephora for example. Had a lot of stuff, very disheartened to let it go as the mall was a outside our town. Ah well, there always be the next shop :).

5. July 5, 2014 / 9:52 pm

OMG!!!! The bag! <3 I love, love it! It's gorgeous!
    Have fun in Tenerife!
    ** I was shocked when I read about the passport for Zara!!

July 5, 2014 / 9:55 pm

Thank you Dorina!

Tell me about it, had to leave it all. We were paying by card, maybe we looked suspicious?!?

7. July 6, 2014 / 11:18 am

Your photos are stunning as always, A. Love me some Tenerife, one of my favourite islands. You will adore Los Cristianos – the sea food is incredible xx

8. actionmags
    July 10, 2014 / 4:45 pm

why do you need your passport to shop in zara? so weird. I love those sunnies although I cant wear metal rimmed glasses cause my face sweats wears off the covering and then my skin reacts with the metal – first world problems… they are stunning on you

July 10, 2014 / 9:01 pm

I know, mad! Well it was in the benefit of the dublin branches. I got my fix home in the end :).

10. August 10, 2014 / 9:28 am

Passports in Zara?! Really!

Hey, I didn’t know you had an under active thyroid! Me too. Sucks!

11. August 10, 2014 / 9:46 am

Yes its a pain :(. It was funny, both me and my sister got our diagnostics at the same time without knowing.