I knew i just have to have the new Smashbox Shape Matters Palette as soon as i’ve seen it, in my opinion its the best palette release of the year. High praise, yet truly deserved: the compact case contains everything a girl could need for a daily makeup face or just to bring away when traveling:
- 9 of the best selling eye shadows that Smashbox has – Vanilla, Totally Nude, Champagne, Stripped, Posh, Platinum, Sumatra, Aubergine, Blackout. Its a really good mix of neutrals, matte and satin textures: you’ve got the browns, a touch of silver and lovely purples, so there is something for everybody.
- 3 contour products – contour, bronze and highlight. I actually bought them separate as they come in the Step by Step Contour Palette, before even noticing that they are in the #ShapeMatters palette. Retailing at about €44 by them self, granted maybe a touch bigger, they are a great addition to the palette and saves space, not to mention money.
- 1 transparent setting powder
- 3 brow tech products – wax to set, two powders in taupe and soft brown. Unless you are a very dark brunette, the Soft Brown should match almost everyone.
- 1 dual ended brush – one side angled brow brush, the other shadow brush.
- huge mirror and ‘how to create the look’ cards.
Today i felt like trying a bit more color on my eyes, so ive chosen the purple middle shades to play with. I have Totally Nude all over (very light matte pink base), Posh on the lid (pearly, satin pink) smoked out with Aubergine (deep, rich matte purple) in the outer corners and on the eyelash rim. Its a great look to accentuate hazel/green eyes or just when you want a feminine, soft look.
I lightly contoured my cheekbones and nose, to keep up with the natural theme and defined my brows with the Soft Brown powder and a touch of Anastasia Brow Wiz. My brows will always be a work in progress, somebody please send me to a good embroidery specialist!
The palette retails at €76 usually, but at the moment there is a Boots Star Buy Offer so you can snap it until Thursday 8th October for only €38! Link!